Monday, February 2, 2009

Playdates, Doctors, Superbowls...Oh, My!

Hello Everyone! Well as promised I am here to update our faithful BLOG readers on what has been going on in the land of the Tschida's.
First, I will start with all the fun playdates that Liam and I have had! We were lucky enough to meet last week with three of my girlfriends' (Micki, Sam, and Cheryl) who all have kids. It was really nice to see them, since it had been so long! Liam enjoyed meeting his new friends, Lyla and Bridget, and seeing his old pal, Isaiah. It was so neat to see how Lyla and Bridget (both almost 2) interacted with the little boys. They were so gentle with them and had fun rocking them in their car seats and pointing at them while saying "baby!" It was really nice to get some fresh air and get out of the house to be with the girls for a while. We all decided we had so much fun that we should get together soon and tackle the Children's Museum! I will definitely post more about that outing after we go...it should be fun! Liam and I are also having a blast at our weekly playdate with Liam's friend Isaiah...since their Mommies are best friends, they seem destined to be best friend's too!


Liam, Lyla, Bridget, and Isaiah


Me and My Friend, Lyla


Me and My Friend, Isaiah

Liam and I also went to the doctor's this week for his 2 month check-up. I was happy to hear that he is looking great and Dr. Rupp was super excited to see how active he was and said "he will be on the move soon!" Hopefully not too soon! They checked Liam's height, weight, and head circumference. Here are his statistics!!!

Weight: He is now a healthy 12 lbs 9 oz...up from 9 lbs 10 oz. He is now in the 75% for weight!

Height: No shocker here for those who have met him...he is still a very tall boy! He is 24 3/4" tall...up from 22 3/4" tall. He grew 2 more inches!!! And now he is in the 95% for height!

Head: His head is now 16" up from 14 3/4"...and is in the 50%. We all know that he got his Mommy's little head...thank Goodness for Mommy!

Unfortunately, we had to get some of his shots as well. Luckily one of the shots was oral...which he loved! The nurse said most of the time babies spit it up or don't shallow the medicine...but he liked it! Although he lucked out on that one...he did have to get two shots, one in both thigh. I can say that it is almost the loudest I have heard him cry. He did not like it one bit...and neither did Mommy! Luckily he calmed down fairly quickly...but continued to give me the "pouty lip" all the way out of the doctor's office. Poor little man...luckily for him we don't have to go back for another two months!

And lastly, Liam got to watch his first Superbowl! Although he was not too terribly interested in the football game (neither was his Mommy)...he did enjoy hanging out with Gigi and Pops. He did show his first interest in TV though during the game. Gigi was feeding him his bottle and he intently stared at the TV the entire time he was eating. He has never seemed to even notice the TV before so this was pretty funny to watch...we will have to make sure the little man doesn't get too interested in TV. We don't want that addiction to start this early!

Other than that we are just enjoying Liam as much as possible. He continues to grow everyday and become more and more expressive and awake. We are also excited that Liam is being baptized at my old church, St. Mark's, on Sunday, February 15th! And we are SUPER excited to be having Grandma and Grandpa Tschida, as well as Aunt Erin coming down to Indy for the special occasion! It has been since Christmas since they have seen him, and I know they will be amazed at how much he has grown!

Of course, I will end this post with more pictures of the handsome fella and some more videos. Enjoy!


Liam Smiling at Mommy


Liam Talking to Mommy


Liam Still Sleepy and Heading to Church for the 1st Time


Liam Smiling


Liam on His Favorite Play Mat

4 comments:

Mrs. Hilton said...

He's getting so big, I can't believe it!! I love reading your blog, it helps me feel not so far away. Thanks for all the reassuring comments you leave us on ours. We miss you guys a bunch and hope to see you again soon!

Anonymous said...

We love seeing pictures of Liam!! Leo always runs to the computer, especially for the videos!
Hope you are doing well!!

Love,
The Gaspers

Anonymous said...

Andy, Danielle and Liam,

Love your blog... Liam is just so sweet and precious. So glad that Isaiah & Liam are so close. Danielle, you and Cheryl are such great Moms. Your sons are very lucky little guys. Of course, Andy & Jeremy look very happy with their sons also. Well, have a great week, take care and God Bless You.

Ruthie
(Grandma Christian)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! He is really growing and so sweet, I really liked how the girls can't keep their eyes off of the boys while you had your playdate.. Oh cute is that...I am so glad you are doing well, keep up the good work. Hope to see you soon Nana (Mom Miller)