Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's a Boy!!!

We are so excited to announce that we are having a little boy! We had our 20 week ultrasound this week and found that the baby is a boy, healthy and growing! The doctor told us that the baby is now the size of a coke can! We had an incredible time watching the screen to see his head, toes, feet, hands, etc. We got to hear his heart beat, which is always amazing, and even got a few pictures and a DVD to take home with us. Unfortunately some of the photos were a little blurry, but that was because he was moving around all over the place. For those who do not know, we have decided to name the baby William Michael Tschida. William is a Tschida family name, and Michael is the name of my dad. For short, we decided to call William, Liam, which is a shortened version of William. (Gigi (my Mom) came up with this name, and we all loved it!) Andy and I are so excited (Andy especially) to finally find out that we were having a boy. Everyone knows that Andy secretly (or not so secretly) wished for a little boy to come first. He has already started listing things that he and Liam can do together...baseball games, camping, etc. We are also having fun calling my belly "him" instead of "baby" or "it." Both families were excited to find out the sex of the soon-to-be new addition, and we can't wait for Thanksgiving to roll around. The doctor has given us a new and earlier date, which is November 20th. So he is due now on Thanksgiving. We have started refering to him as a "turkey baby." I have told many of you that I hope he holds out until after dinner...since his Mommy really likes to eat her fill of stuffing and green bean casserole.
We were also excited to register this week for baby stuff. It was a little early, but Liam's Grandma Tschida is having an early baby shower for us in mid July, and we decided to get on the ball. It was definitely overwhelming to register, but we had SUCH a good time. Andy was having fun registering for everything blue, and I had fun looking at all the tiny clothes. We are so excited to see the Young and Tschida clan.
Lastly, I am updating the blog with more pictures of my growing belly. I literally "popped" over night! How weird!?! I actually look pregnant now...and I know that those around me are glad to see it. Stay tuned for more entries...we miss you all!


17 Weeks


18 Weeks - The Week I Popped!


19 Weeks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I was so happy I finally had time to check this out again! We have been out of town. I am soooooo excited for you guys!! I LOVE the name!! It fits your family so well... I am not sure if that sounds weird but as soon as I read that I was like that is perfect!!! cONGRATS!! Can't wait to hang out again or even just chat!! Love Micki, Chris and Lyla

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the 2 of you!!! I was very surprised to hear the new addition is a boy but pleasantly happy for you. You look great and I hope to see you both soon.
Congrats and I love the name, now if I can be patient until little Christian gets here we will have a great time
Momma Miller

Mandy Kinnucan said...

Sean is sooooooo excited...maybe even more excited than Daddy Tschida! Okay, maybe that's not possible, but it's great to have another boy in the group! We can't wait to meet Little Liam! Love all three of you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani and Andy, Thanks for getting back to us and telling me how this might work. I hope it does. Take care and God bless you all. Love, Lois

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!! I LOVE THE NAME!! Liam! Its perfect! Traditional, yet different for today's babies. I'm so happy for you guys! I cried reading this! You two are going to be such good parents. Danielle you look amazing still and shouldn't worry about your weight! You're beautiful! By the way, it looks like my other postings didn't go through. Just so you know, I've been reading up on you and I'm so excited for you! Much love from Mike and Sara Beckwith!