Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baby Shower Time

This weekend we had a fantastic time up in South Bend for our first baby shower. It was so much fun! All the Tschida clan got together for the event, and it was so good to see everyone. Although the weather was a little rainy, everyone still had fun swimming, eating, and chatting away. Andy and I had a great time opening gifts and seeing all the cute, little baby stuff. We got lots of great things ranging from our crib to little outfits...and we are truly grateful for everything we received. Soon-to-be-Grandma Tschida worked very hard to put everything together and we had a great time...she did an awesome job and we appreciate all her hard work.
And one of the best things happened at the end of the night. When Andy and I got back to the Tschida's house to turn in for the night, Andy and I felt and SAW one of the first of Liam's kicks! I have felt kicks all this week, but Andy hasn't been able to feel them yet. But when I was laying down and relaxing I saw (and felt) a little kick out of the side of my stomach. I ran and got Andy, and it took awhile, but after a few pokes Liam kicked again. This time it was big enough for Andy to see and feel! We got him to do it a few more times, and it was incredible. We were so excited. It was an awesome way to end the day...and I told Andy it was Liam's birthday present to his Daddy. Below are some pictures of the fun we had at the baby shower/pool party!

Andy and I with All the Goods

Soon-to-be-Aunt Erin and her Boyfriend, Brad

Andy's Second Cousin, Little Leo, with his Daddy, Trevor

The Soon-to-Be Parents

Opening a Little Bath for Baby Liam

Our Cute Little Cake with Booties

4 comments:

Mandy Kinnucan said...

I see the diaper bag in the background...sooooo cute!! I love it. So good to see you guys (again)!

Mrs.Christian said...

Glad to hear that you guys had a great time. It looks like you have a bunch of new stuff to unpack! I know you were gone and probably didn't have a chance to look at my blog... but I find it kinda funny that our babies decided to kick daddy on the same day! See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani and Andy, had to do my weekly check on you guys. Nice pictures,you both look so cute. You still look so good Dani and we hope you are feeling good. We are glad that Liam greeted his daddy for the 1st time,that is always so exciting. It won't be long before your bundle of joy is here. We can't wait. Well, you guys take care now and thanks for doing this blog cuz i love it. You are in our prayers. Talk to you next week Love ya, the Goetz family

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Its time for an update! What have you been up to lately!