For those of you who we haven't been able to call yet...we are now the proud parents of William Michael Tschida! He arrived yesterday, November 23 (Auntie Kimberly's birthday,) at 9:43 PM. He weighs 8 lbs 4 oz and measured a whopping 21 1/2 inches.
As some of you may not know, Andy and I were scheduled to go into the hospital for an induction on Sunday night because my blood pressure was a little high, but Liam decided that he wasn't willing to wait and came earlier than we thought he would...even though he was three days past his due date. I started having a lot of contractions Saturday night and then woke-up early Sunday morning and we knew that it was going to be close to go-time. Around 11 AM my contractions were 5 minutes apart and we headed to the hospital. Once we arrived I got some medicine for the contractions and Andy and I hung out together for a few hours. After that I had dialated to about 3 centimeters and I said it was time for the epideral. Once I got the epideral I dialated from 3 centimeters to 10 centimeters in about 5 hours. Which was nice and quick! After about a hour and a half of pushing we had little Liam.
So far things have been a whirl wind...we ended up going to sleep last night around 3 AM and were up and at them today at 8 AM...and with 2 feedings in between! We definitely had a long night. But trust me this little guy is worth it. Right now he is sleeping like crazy and we are loving it! We will see how long it lasts!
Now we are still in the hospital and won't be home until Tuesday night...but on Wednesday I promise to post lots of pictures...but right now we have no way to get them up from the hospital. Sorry!
Overall things are wonderful and we are so excited to finally be parents of this wonderful little boy!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations!! He is almost the exact same size as Leo. Can't wait to see him!!
Love to all three of you!!
Susie, Trevor and Leo
Congrats! John and I are so excited for you guys. We can't wait to see pictures.
YAY YAY YAY!!!
Aw I love the videos! I'm all sappy and crying here at work.
You guys he's really cute! Seriously, you did good!
I love the bath video. He loved it.
Congrats mom and dad! We love you both sooooo much! Can't wait to see him!
Post a Comment