Our First Ultrasound
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Our 1st Doctor's Visit
We were lucky to have our first doctor's visit at the end of March, and we are glad to say we found a fabulous doctor, who we found through wonderful Cheryl! We showed up, not knowing what to expect, but were very nervous. We just wanted to make sure everything was okay! They took us back to the exam room where we answered many, many questions about our families histories, etc. And then we got to ask our many, many "new-bee" questions to the very patient nurse. The doctor decided to do an ultrasound to make sure all was well with the baby, because we had a BIG scare the week before. The week before, I was at work and started to bleed. Although I know nothing about pregnancy, I knew enough to know that wasn't right. So I called the wonderful nurse line, and told them the situation. They had me come in for blood work that day, to see how my levels were. That was the worst. I was very upset...of course, and I had to wait until the next day to see how my levels were. I found out the next day that my levels were fine, but I was to see how the weekend went, and if the bleeding continued I would have to go in the next week. Well...it continued, and this brought us to our first doctor's appointment. After the exam and the questions, we went for our first ultrasound, to see if the baby was still okay. As we sat in the room, waiting for the nurse...me trying not to throw-up...courtesy of nerves and "morning sickness" (ha, we will get to that later) we tried to think positive thoughts. And to our relief we got to see and hear our baby for the very first time! Although there was not a lot to see, it was the best moment. The heartbeat was super quick, which I was surprised to find out, and everything looked normal. I had implantation bleeding, which is a pocket of old blood and was to take it easy, no exercise, etc. until it stopped. Although we were very scared of what we would find out, that moment will forever be with us. We both cried, laughed, and knew we were the luckiest people ever.

Our First Ultrasound
Our First Ultrasound
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment