Friday, November 20, 2009

Best Friends Forever

We were so lucky to have my best friend from Kindergarten and her husband visit from DC last weekend. It had been two years since I had seen her and that was just way too long. We all had a fun weekend of relaxing, watching football, going to the park, and were lucky enough to have an adult's only dinner at P.F. Chang's, thanks to Auntie Kimber.

Even though I had not seen my bestest, Angela, in two years...it is amazing how quickly we slip right back into where we left off. Angela and I met in Rochester, New York, where we lived next door to each other until the 3rd grade. After 3rd grade both Angela and I moved to different states, but have stayed in touch ever since. We would visit each other once a year for a week almost all the way through college. We also stayed in touch by calling each other and endless letter writing (this was before the time of email!) We were both bridesmaids in each others wedding, and needless to say it was so nice to see her again and get to know her awesome hubby.

It was also really fun for her to meet Liam! She had not seen me pregnant or had ever met him before, so I was really excited to show him off. He, of course, thought both Mike and Angela were awesome, and spent a lot of time playing with Mike and flirting with Angela.

Seeing Angela just made me remember how important friendships are and how much I love this girl and how much I miss her when she is not around. Unfortunately I did not have a camera all weekend because I have seemed to have lost the charger for it (yikes!) and Angela did not bring hers...so we hardly have any pictures of this weekend. But we took a few with Mike's cell phone, so I will post what I have on here.

Other than that things have changed at the Tschida house. Liam is now completely walking! He is now longer crawling and is walking around everywhere. He just started to walk around like a pro about a week and a half ago and hasn't looked back. It is amazing how babies just wake-up one day and have learned a new skill. So we have just been in awe watching him walk everywhere...we love it! He is really starting to get into everything so he is keeping us busy. (I will post a video soon of him walking...promise!) In even bigger news, Liam is having his first birthday party on Sunday! I can't believe he is going to be 1 year old on the 23rd! So amazing how fast it went. So expect a post soon about the celebration.

Also, Liam's best friend Isaiah is celebrating his 1st birthday today, so we wanted to wish him a "HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!!!"

Until next time...


Mommy and Angela had More Fun than Liam at the Park


Angela Trying to Pose with Liam


Liam Flirting with Angela

No comments: