First, I will report about Liam's one month doctor's appointment...can you believe that a month has gone by already?!? Everything went great...and he is a super healthy baby. But I do have to say that I was right! The little guy did gain more weight. He is now 9 lbs 10 ounces and is 22 and 3/4" long. I knew that he felt heavier but I did not expect him to have gained so much in a week! But he is an eating machine...so we should not be surprised. He is now eating around 4.5 to 5 ounces every feeding and his feedings has increased from every 3 hours to every hour and a half to two hours. So we spend a lot of one-on-one time feeding. Other than that Liam is doing great...he is pretty much in a routine, but every day is different. Luckily we have our night time routine down pretty good. He goes down around 10:30 PM or 11 PM and will let Mommy sleep until around 3 AM or so. Then he will feed for about a hour and then go back to sleep until around 7 AM. So I am lucky enough to get enough sleep, even if it is a little interrupted.
But back to Christmas...and bare with me this is going to be a long post. My family was lucky to have my Grandmother come into town all the way from North Dakota. She flew in last week and we were able to spend time with her every day. It was really nice for her to be able to meet her Great-Grandson when he was still a little guy. Andy, Liam, and I celebrated our family Christmas on the morning of Christmas Eve. We made a special pancake breakfast (our favorite) and then opened presents. Here are a few pictures of the day...
Mommy and Liam
Our Family in Front of the Tree
Liam in One of His Special Christmas Outfits
Then later that evening we went to celebrate Christmas with my family. We all got lots of nice gifts, but I think Liam made out with the best presents. He got a few outfits, a Christmas ornament, and a star named after him from his Auntie Kimber. So now when you look up at the sky, somewhere up there is a star named William Michael Tschida...pretty cool, huh? It was just really nice to spend time all together and celebrate Liam's first Christmas. Here are a few family pictures we took...
A Group Shot
The Tschida Family
The Kessel Ladies and Liam
Last, but definitely not least, we drove up to South Bend Christmas morning to celebrate with Andy's family. Luckily the weather cooperated and all the ice decided to melt before we went up there. Liam was an angel and slept for the entire trip! Once we got up there we were welcomed by Grandma and Grandpa Tschida, and Aunt Erin and Uncle Brad. Who were all very excited to see Liam, and us of course! We also celebrated Christmas Day with Andy's Grandma Young, Aunt Sandy, Dale, cousin Matt, and his second cousins, Hailee and Hunter. It was so neat to see everyone meet him for the first time and we had a great time opening presents and playing around. Here are a few more pictures to enjoy...
Grandpa Tschida and Liam meeting for the First Time!
Liam Loves His Grandma Tschida
Aunt Erin and Liam Cuddling
Great-Grandma Young and Liam
Then the next night we had lots of visitors! The whole Tschida side came to visit Liam, and he spent the night getting to know all of the Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and second Cousins that came to visit. We had a great time visiting with everyone, since it has been awhile since we had all seen each other.
Andy, Great-Grandma Tschida, and Liam
Great-Grandpa Tschida and Liam
Later that weekend we were lucky enough to visit our friends the Kinnucan's and get to introduce Liam to them. It was so nice to see them, especially since we do not get to see them as often as we would like. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the meeting since of course I forgot to bring my camera...surprise, surprise. Unfortunately we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to (Sara and Mike...we are so sorry we missed you guys!) But by the end of that visit, Liam had had enough. After a long four days of meeting many, many people our little man was tired and cranky. So we took him home for a relaxing evening, and Liam slept for so many hours and hours. I think we successfully wore him out...but I will let you be the judge of that...
That's all for now...hope you all had a wonderful Holiday!
3 comments:
Too cute! We love seeing the pics and can't wait to see him next summer!
I'm so glad you guys had such a great time and got to visit with so much family. Liam is getting so big- we definately need to get together soon! Give him a big hug and kiss for me!
I have to say he is really growing into quite the little man, So pleased you got to share your little bundle with lots of family.
I hope to get to see you again soon. Take care Mom Miller
Post a Comment