Monday, May 11, 2009

A Mother's Day to Remember...

Hello Everyone...

I just have to write this blog to let everyone know how much I love my family and what a wonderful first Mother's Day I had this weekend.

I spent Mother's Day with Andy and Liam, and it was so nice to spend time as a family, just the three of us. I woke up to Liam and Andy bringing my Mother's Day gift to me. It will be an image I will never forget. Andy had Liam in his arms and Liam was holding a card in his hand that said, Mom, and was smiling like crazy. It was absolutely adorable.


Liam Holding His Mother's Day Card

Andy made me this awesome present that was a poem that his Mom got for her first Mother's Day from Andy when he was little. On the side of the poem was Liam's hand prints and he had it framed. Of course I cried when I read it, but it just meant so much to me that Andy made this thoughtful gift for me. I just wish I could have been there to see Andy try to get Liam to put his hands down just right on this piece of paper. I am sure it was quite a sight. Andy said there was blue paint everywhere, and it took him 8 attempts to get it right. What a man, right?


Mommy and Liam with My Gift


A Close Up of My Gift

After I opened my gift Andy made me my favorite breakfast of blueberry pancakes. Andy even made them in a shape of a heart. It was so cute I had to take a picture of it.


Daddy Making My Breakfast


A Close Up of My Yummy Breakfast

The rest of the day was nice and relaxing. We went to Broad Ripple and had lunch at Boogie Burger (the best burger place in town) and walked on the Monon with Indy. Afterward we had snow cones and headed home to have dinner with my family. It was a perfect day and I wish it wasn't over!

I just have to say that I am so lucky to have a husband who willingly shares half of the responsibilities of the house and Liam, all the while still having a smile on his face in the process. He goes out of his way to make these days special and it means a lot. I know I am a lucky girl. I also am so thankful for our little boy...we are so lucky to have him in our lives. He is so much fun to be around and as we are quickly approaching the 6 month mark, I know that these days of him being little are going to go fast. I am just so happy to have my little family...we are truly blessed.

Hope all you Mommy's out there had a wonderful Mother's Day.

P.S. For those of you who didn't know or for those who are wondering, Liam was a very sick little boy this week (and even had his first ER visit in the middle of the night due to a very high temperature of 105 degrees!) But luckily he started to feel much better on Saturday and has continued to get better day by day. It is so nice to have our little boy healthy again.


Liam and Mommy the Day Before Mother's Day


Liam Playing While Daddy Cooks

2 comments:

The Kishtons said...

Happy Belated FIRST Mother's Day!! Andy's gift to you is sooo awesome! What a wonderful way to help you celebrate your first Mother's Day. I am so glad to hear that Liam is feeling better. I am sure that was scary for both of you to have to experience his first ER visit so soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe!

I LOVED your post! You do have a wonderful family! :) I loved his gift. What a wonderful day you had huh? I love romantic, thoughtful and considerate men like ours! You've got one the few baby. Sorry to hear that the little munchkin man was sick. He's so stinkin' cute that it must be hard seeing him sick. I'm glad he's better. We miss you guys and want to get together soon. All is well here. Summer is now upon us so Mike is back to workin' on the house. Let's plan on a time to get together soon! Liam misses Aunt Sara I can tell! :)