Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Evening

I was just thinking about this blog, and how I set it up for Danielle to blog on like the Kinnucan's do, and remembered that she hasn't gotten on here once. So I figured I would put up the first post, and hopefully get the ball rolling. Right now Danielle is just going into her 10th week of pregnancy, and it looks like she coming out of the "morning sickness" phase. I put it quotes because there's nothing morning about it. She was feeling crappy all the time, so I'm happy to see that it's starting to get better.

I have to admit that the past 5 weeks have been pretty cool. She had a doctor appointment about 2 weeks ago and I was able to get off work to go with her. The appointment was a little earlier than normal, but she wanted to get into make sure everything was good with the baby. Everything ended up being fine, and in the process we were able to get an ultrasound, and see our child. The baby was only the a couple centimeters, but we were able to hear a heart beat... I have to tell the truth, I cried a little when I heard the dub, dub of the heart. Definitely a different ballgame since that point... but also very exciting. Can't really describe all the feelings, but it was one of those moments I'll remember for the rest of my life...

Since then Danielle and I have talked about names, gone back and forth on if we want to know the sex before the baby is born, and also a few drafts of how the baby's room will look. We've also been to Baby's "R" Us to look at all the stuff we want to get for the baby, even though it's 7 months away.

I will try and put posts up consistently from now until the baby is born, so everyone can read about our adventures as expecting parents. I got a feeling that once Danielle get's going with the posting, that there will be TONS of stuff to read.

-Tschida

No comments: